Total Pageviews

Monday, October 18, 2010

An appretiation Draft 2

Ask me to go back. Far back to when I was little. When all that mattered was what we where having for lunch. When everyone was friends with evryone. If you asked me what I was reading then I would rattle of a few of my favorites, The Little Princess, The Secret Garden, Narnia, Trupet of the Swan, Love, Ruby Lavander and Charlotte's Web. Stuart Little does not come to mind the way thoes do, it takes a little longer like trying to remember what you ate for lunch two days ago, you know it just takes a minute. So why is it when I got the sign up sheet that said to put your name under the book you wanted to re-read did I find myself writing Kate Macrae under the Stuart Little. It was fast I got the sheet wrote my name and then the person next to me tugged it away before I could think.

The first time I read Stuart Little I read it for story and adventure, for which there is no dought in my mind that Stuart Littke is the book for someone who loves that thing. Stuart Little is the story of a mouse living in a world of people. That does not Limit Stuart though. He makes sure anything he want to get done gets done. Stuart Little does not stick to a specific story line the way all of my favorite books do. Instead it jumps from adventures of Stuart and his family made all the more intresting by the fact that Stuart Little takes place in Manhattan. Toward the end though the story does find a specific path that even then is inturupted by other short adventures. I can't say that I love that about the book. I can't say that It bothers me enough to not want to read on. It does keep the story intresting.

Stuart Little is writtan in the early 40's and emulates the time period through the language and conflict in the book. Some thing I love is that reading Stuart Little you can almost feel NYC all thoes years ago.The language is from a time when even slang (if there was any) was beautiful. Reading it makes me long for people to talk to me using beautiful words such as the ones Stuart uses through out the book. Only good books, and there is no dought that Stuart Little is a good book (just maybe not my kind of good book) alow you to submurse yourself and be provoked by the authors ideas. I can say that I appreciate this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment