Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Entry 7

When you read a book for the first time you will judge it and being human’s we usually want to have something (not everything) in common with other people reading what we are reading.  When I found out that we would be doing all this research I was worried.  What if what I thought was different from everyone else?  What if I was wrong?  Could I be wrong on my own ideas?  Was that possible?  As I started to research pm Stuart Little I realized that it was not opinions but more critic. 

E.B White has always fascinated me.  He writes in this amazing style, something I like about reading his books is you’re not sure what will happen but when it does you can relate it to his previous writing.  A good source on his life is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._B._White.

As I begain to do more reserch I was not finding to many opinions that I could not relate to, in facet I agreed with alot of ideas and thought in new ways about the book. An intresting aproch to the blog was made by this website http://www.abbythelibrarian.com/2008/06/book-review-stuart-little.html. I found thought It was harder to find links that talked about the book in other formats other then blogs (i.e newspapers, magazines, books) it was very easy though to find reviews on the two movies which both incude very little about the book. The NY times gave one http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/review?res=9F0CE5DD1430F934A25751C1A96F958260.

I do think it would be intresting to countinue looking for information and other opinions on stuart little I had fun with this study and would like to see what the other people in my group came up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment