Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Prompt # 15

Writing Prompt Number 15

# 15. Some aspects of coming of age are pain and loss, disappointment and disillusionment. Write about one experience you have had that relates to one of these aspects.

The first time you lose something is the worst. The first time I lost something I was 7 or 8 years old. I did not want to believe my mom when she said I needed to say good bye. I woke up with no dog thumping his tail at the foot of my bed. No one ran down stairs with me to breakfast. No one came running at me when I went outside to play in the backyard. I felt like so much was missing. Everyday I expected to see him, but everyday he was not there.

This was probably one of the most significant memories of my childhood. It was not for a few months that I learned that he was a stray dog tied to our door. At night (when I missed him the most) my mom would hold me and tell me that because of us his life was so much better. We would go on the room and look at the starts. She would tell me that he was up their. When ever I really miss him I can look up their and know he is still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment